Making healthy choices easier for everyone
The Hub hosts the best and most trusted online health literacy resources. Our aim is to make it easier for consumers to find and understand health-related information, to be able to make the best decisions about their health. For health professionals, the Hub provides access to resources on health literacy and practical tools to aid communication with patients and the public.
The Hub is a NSW Health initiative that builds and advances health literacy leadership and capacity at local and system levels.
An equitable healthcare system is one where everyone can easily access, understand and use healthcare services. The Hub supports healthcare organisations to improve equity for NSW communities through a focus on health literacy.
The mission of the Hub is to support healthcare organisations to apply health literacy to:
- improvements in clinical safety and quality,
- consumer and community engagement in healthcare, and
- research innovation and its translation into practice.
Building and advancing leadership and capacity at local levels to…
- Build awareness and capacity in health literacy
- Foster partnerships and knowledge sharing in health literacy
- Enhance systemwide processes and resource implementation
- Develop and grow health literacy research, translation and dissemination
- Empower consumer/community to achieve outcomes that matter to them